For sale are a pair of Large French high quality art metalwork vases, trench art in origin from WW1 (1914-18).
- These two vases are highly decorative in the Arts & Crafts movement style in their own right, and it is that which attracted us too them irrespective of their basis as trench art/militaria.
- The two vases are decorated with hand hammered metalwork decoration to a high standard and with great detail and precision.
- The decoration for both vases are identical in nature and comprise sinuous Ivy leaves spreading and branching around the vase frieze and central is the triumphant French / Gallic cockerel or rooster.
- The background relief is stippled punch-work across the surface to provide a continuous backdrop.
- The detail in and around the leaf-work and cockerel are of great quality in contrast to many pieces of "trench art" shell casings with decoration applied, and looks to have been from a skilled craft person.
Free delivery in the UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below