For sale is a characterful hand woven Swedish cushion cover in original condition.
- The woven blue grey cushion cover has an attractive geometric border pattern most likely from the Skåne Region of Sweden. The central motif is stylised and geometric floral patterns.
- It is in a lovely design with a background of blue and grey edged with a repeat winding floral pattern.
- The edge of the woven wall hanging has short fringing in the same colours in a traditional folk Scandinavian pallet.
- The woven material is wool on linen, their is no backing to the cushion and it may have been used as a table mat, coverlet or hanging.
- It is from the Skåne region, near Malmo, Sweden which has a strong folk tradition of woven textiles influenced both from migrant Flemish weavers from the low countries and Persian Kilim style rugs from the middle-east.
This is a lovely, rich, characterful Scandinavian textile made in the first half of the 20th Century in good condition.
It is in original condition and so does show signs of age-related wear as shown by the images.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below