For sale is a beautiful large vintage hand woven Swedish table runner / coverlet in original condition.
- The woven runner from the Skåne region has a beautiful geometric pattern reminiscent of rug patterns and design similar to kilim rugs from the middle east. This pattern originated most likely from the Skåne Region of Sweden.
- It is in a lovely, impactful design of dark green, red, grey/blue and cream yellow and has been used as a wall hanging or coverlet.
- Acorn motifs are included within this textile as part of the overall design motifs.
- The edge of the textile/cushion has a continuous short fabric fringe to prevent wear to the edge, common to these cushions/coverlets in a traditional folk Scandinavian style.
- The woven material is wool on a green cotton/linen backing.
- The textile is initialed as BP from 1936.
- It is from the Skåne region, near Malmo, Sweden which has a strong folk tradition of woven textiles influenced both from migrant Flemish weavers from the low countries and Persian Kilim style rugs from the middle-east.
- The coverlet has small sewn loops on the reverse top/edge corners.
This is a lovely, characterful Scandinavian textile made just before WW2 in 1936 and at 84 years of age is in good condition. It is in original condition and so does show signs of age-related wear as shown by the images.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.