For sale is a beautiful Austrian/Vienna bronze cold painted Art Deco sculpture of an iconic Russian Borzoi Sighthound /Hunting Dog.
- Art Deco Austrian Cold Painted Bronze Borzoi Dog Statue c1920/30s.
- This bronze sculpture is lifelike, with lots of carefully modelled and sculpted detail to the proportions, musculature, coat/fur and with very tasteful paint application. Red in the eyes, flesh coloured mouth and dark pattern marks.
- The model is large at 15.5cm tall to the top of head, circa 26cm from the tip of the tail to nose of the sculpture. The dog stands circa 5-6cm wide.
- This bronze sculpture is a very solid piece and heavy at c1.6 kg in weight.
- No obvious makers mark, but from the quality it is likely to be from prominent Austrian/Viennese bronze sculpture producers of the inter-war years e.g. Bergman.
- Borzoi are the archetypal Art Deco statuesque canine, languid and evocative of the period, style, fashion and elegance of the late 1920s and 1930s as shown in the images. They were popular with the wealthy and elite from the 1920s and during Tsarist Russia for hunting.
- The sculpture has some wear commensurate with age to the paint across the bronze surface, but this does not detract from the great character and attractive nature of this evocative Art Deco sculpture.
Free delivery in the UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country.
Please fill in the information below