For sale is an elegant British folk art Grey Heron sculpture, carved in a light hue of Oak..
- Dating from around 1925-35 this Grey Heron standing in reeds with a fish is sculpted in a popular style evocative of the period.
- Long legged slender birds such as the Stork, Heron and Egret were prominent animal sculptures in the Art Deco period for metalwork sculptures and bookends in particular.
- The Heron is an attractive sculpture well carved in a folk or naive manner with curved a crest and sits nicely at the right size on a side table, mantle-piece or shelf.
- The Grey heron is signed H Hobson on the edge of the base at the rear of the sculpture as shown.
- **The Heron is also of a similar scale and size to the French Stork W&W Antiques also have for sale (shown in the last two photographs side by side and not included in this price).
- Please feel free to message us if you are interested in the pair or individually.
Free delivery in the UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below