For sale are an elegant and decorative pair of vintage original British Art Deco green spelter bookends with a registered design from 1931/32.
- The pair of beautifully stylish Art Deco nude woman bookends are a superb example of the evocative style at the start of the 1930s.
- The registered design number Rd: 770949 researched at the British National Archives is from 1931/32.
- The stylish nude sculpture has a brilliant 1930s elegance with her hair styled in a chignon, a knot at the nape of the neck. This is a classic 1930s Art Deco hairstyle also shown on plaster bust sculpture we have for sale at W&W Antiques. They are also well modelled with good detail to the face/hair, body and legs.
- The bookends are a good size and in their own right provide beautiful sculptures evocative of the period and in a similar design vein to the well known and reproduced American Art Deco Frankart design pieces.
- These bookends are heavy at 1.81kg for each sculpture as a genuine Art Deco item from the period.
In short a really beautiful set of decorative Art Deco bookends offering great utility and elegant design aesthetic renowned in this era.
*The books in the last two images are included for scale and context only.
Free delivery in the mainland UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees. If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below