For sale are an elegant pair of Art Deco patinated bronze candle holders from a recognised maker in Sweden.
- The stylish pairing are distinctive in their green-brown combination highlighted with white metal candle bowls.
The patination is characteristic of the ORI design utilised by GAB - Guldsmedsaktiebolaget (Swedish makers of quality metalwork since the second half of the 19th Century.
- The candle holders are both marked to the base with GAB's ORI brand mark (as shown in the photographs) and the (Guldsmedsaktiebolaget's) sheaf / Vasa mark a good guarantee of quality.
- The patination in this attractive faded green and brown scheme is believed to have been from the ORI design range by GAB, retailed via jewellers in Stockholm in the late 1930s early 1940s.
- Both of the candle holders have delightful silver metal highlights in the form of the candle holders and the angular corner sections/feet of the square bases to both.
- GAB stands for Guldsmeds AktieBolag / Goldsmiths Ltd the original factory founded in 1867 and still going after a number of takeovers today. Aktiebolag is the Swedish term for "limited company" or "corporation". When used in company names, it is abbreviated AB, Ab, or A/B, roughly equivalent to the abbreviations Ltd and PLC.
The candle holders are a highly decorative pair and in good vintage condition with nothing other than light age-related wear as shown in the photographs. Ready to be used in an elegant Art Deco setting.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below