For sale is a beautiful and thoughtful, expressionist female plaster bust from the first half of the 20th Century circa 1930-50.
- Large and heavy white plaster in a renaissance / classical form. A female bust with eyes closed in a calming manner. Her hair styled in a chignon, a knot at the nape of the neck.
- A hand sculptured bust in a form evocative of the 1930s. Austrian and German plaster sculptures by artists such as this were prominent in the pre-war European period.
- Her hair and light skin tone are the two subtle contrasting colours used.
- Some wear or marks to the plaster/paint in places (as shown in the comprehensive images) but remains very solid with no cracks, the patina providing a striking piece.
- The female bust is unsigned but very heavy, stable and the base has a baize covering.
- Some age-related marks and wear due to tactility but in great vintage condition.
- A lovely interior decorating sculpture from an era of simple classical style.
Free delivery in the mainland UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees. If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.