For sale is a charming late 19th or early 20th Century free-standing oval portrait picture photograph frame.
- The frame main material is dark oak, popular in the Arts & Crafts / Art Nouveau / Edwardian period.
- It is decorated with raised plaster-work songbirds, leaves, stems and berries such as misteltoe. All popular romantic images/themes in the Victorian/Edwardian era.
- The central recess for the portrait photograph is oval and has a decorative plaster-work raised edge with a repeat pattern, also surrounding the outer edge of the wooden frame.
- A sinuous jugendstil style shape to the outer edge of this frame is European in feel, akin to many seen in Scandinavia and Germany of the period.
- The image is of a seated Victorian child in their Sunday best.
- On the reverse a fold out stand leg provides a stand and swivel latches to remove and replace the image.
Free delivery in the UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below