For sale from W&W Antiques is a beautiful example of a German Arts & Crafts / late Jugendstil / Art Nouveau brass candle stick holder c. 1905-1910, designed by Ignatius Taschner (1871-1913).
- The candle holder has a segmented jugendstil design with patternation to each rasied section, providing symmetry. The sections are interspersed with simple, curving linear art nouveau naturalistic designs.
- The candle holder is crafted in three distinct sections of body pulled together by the candle pricket and bolt through the centre.
- Taschner was a German sculptor, medalist, graphic designer and illustrator.
- He studied from 1889 at the Akademie der Bildenden Künste in Munich. In 1903 Taschner became a lecturer at the Royal Arts and Crafts School in Breslau (now Wroclaw). By 1905 he had established a studio in Berlin, where he worked mainly as an architectural sculptor for new buildings by Ludwig Hoffmann.
- This late Art Nouveau candlestick holder is a beautiful example of his stylistic work in the German Arts and Crafts.
- Stamp marked on the bottom with the Marabou / Stork brand, which was the artist's stork in a triangle / monogram and GES. GESCH. (registered trademark, protected by law).
A beautiful simple, jugendstil design, brass candle holder with strong design and ecclesiastical feel.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below