For sale are a highly decorative pair of Turkish side tables (two sizes) from the late 19th or early 20th century circa 1890-1915.
- These tables are of the dark ebonised wood veneer, marquetry (Sandal, Satin & Cedar wood) and mother of pearl inlay design with good patternation.
- The colours are reminiscent of the colours used on many aesthetic movement pieces of furniture.
- Liberty & Co retailed a range of 'exotic' Ottoman/Syrian/Indian small side table in a number of decorative patterns and of varying sizes.
- The two side tables for sale are of different heights and table-top diameters.
- The smaller diminutive table is in great condition as shown by the photos and the top has been restored.
- The larger antique table is in good un-restored condition and as shown by the photos the table-top has a loss of marquetry and mother of pearl with some knocks to the table edge. Both tables side panels / legs are in good solid condition, it tends to be the main table top inlay surfaces that can suffer from wear.
- **The little inlaid Moorish tables were probably retailed by Liberty, from whom several versions were available in a number of sizes and styles by Liberty & Co from the earliest days of the store into the early 20th Century.
**Similar pattern Turkish tables are noted : Page 30; Bennett, D. (2012) Liberty's furniture 1875-1915, The birth of modern interior design.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.