For sale is a characterful hand woven Swedish wall hanging in original condition.
- The woven wall hanging has an attractive geometric border pattern most likely from the Skåne Region of Sweden. The central motif is stylised and geometric floral patterns surrounded by stylised winged animals as part of the overall design motifs.
- It is in a lovely design with a background of blue with decoration of red, green, yellow and pink, and shades of green, the reverse is open and has been used as a wall hanging with long fringing to the base.
- The edge of the woven wall hanging has long fringing in the same colours in a traditional folk Scandinavian style.
- The woven material is wool on linen.
- The textile is initialled as NH from either 1937 or 1957. We have also had two other textiles from the same maker from 1943 (sold) and the second smaller piece by the same individual from 1944 is also for sale from W&W Antiques.
- It is from the Skåne region, near Malmo, Sweden which has a strong folk tradition of woven textiles influenced both from migrant Flemish weavers from the low countries and Persian Kilim style rugs from the middle-east.
This is a lovely, rich, characterful Scandinavian textile made in the mid 20th Century in good condition.
It is in original condition and so does show signs of age-related wear as shown by the images.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below