For sale is a charming Swedish 'Folk Art' wall cabinet with Baroque styling from the early 19th Century c.1790/1800-1825. A simple, naive and robust piece from rural Sweden.
- With a Baroque influenced domed pediment to the casework and two predominant naive painted colours to the wall cabinet casing and the door / pediment.
- The main colour is a warm earthy wood red alongside a faded and use-worn Swedish blue. The earthy red tone with black free-styled hand grained effects looking to replicate more expensive wood grain. The door has a small amount of additional naive paint imitating a bevelled edge in a lighter colour. The base of the cabinet has a widened footing. The paint to the body of the cabinet looks to be original in its naive application and the construction. In particular, the ironwork shows the robust and rustic construction of this cabinet to have some significant age.
- Marked FAS with a date mark of 1821 to the centre under the arched pediment in a lighter and faded colour.
- Internally two shelves towards the top of the cabinet. The pine used and construction is thick and solid and the cabinet has stood the test of time due to its robust construction.
- Large metal hanging loop, solid rustic/naive construction throughout, with some repairs in its lifetime. The door lifts off simple ironwork hinges. The ironwork key and lock escutcheon are original.
- Key integrated with the ironwork and pressure lock.
- Marks and damage age-related, some later painting in its lifetime to the pediment and footing.
An attractive design in simple colours and of robust early 19th century construction.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below