For sale is a charming hand hammered Arts & Crafts raised brass bowl / taza on a pedestal ropework foot, from circa 1910-1920.
- The edge is punch decorated on the upper surface with a repeat pattern as shown in the photographs.
- The underside edge has a double linear ridge effect, assumed to effect better grip.
- The hand beaten pedestal foot has a ropework edge, common with a range of HW artmetalware items.
- Punch stamped HW as shown in the photographs to the base for Hugh Wallis, circa 9" in diameter.
- Hugh Wallis was based from Altrincham, near Manchester in the North-West of England, an artist and art metal worker of much renowned from the Arts & Crafts Movement in England.
- HW brass work is not always as prominent as copper or pewter in particular and this pedestal bowl/taza is a lovely elegant size and depth, with great solid design, both simple, usable and beautiful.
*The last four photographs show the taza for context with two other HW brass art-metalware items that W&W Antiques have available for sale, contact us for details.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.