For sale is a striking, square and raised ink stand / Ink well in a beautifully simple design.
The inkwell is from renowned Artist and Art Metal Worker Hugh Wallis of Altrincham, near Manchester in the North-West of England.
- The large inkwell (at 4" along each edge) is clean polished pewter lines to form the height of the stand and is decorated with the triangular pattern punch marks (more towards the 1920s and Art Deco design than some other HW decoration), a less used pattern as a repeat design of punch marks around the base edges and shoulder to the ink stand.
- The polished pewter inkwell has been designed with a lovely pewter inkwell lid with hand hammered finish.
- The pewter inkwell is in good condition with age-related wear and is testament to HW metalwork expertise. The internal glass liner is in good condition and sits hidden by the lid.
- Punch stamped HW to the base as shown in the photographs for Hugh Wallis.
- The last image shows other items for sale from W&W Antiques by HW in pewter and are not included in this sale, but contact us if you are interested in a number of items for combined postage.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.