For sale are a beautiful pair of early 19th Century Gustavian era side chairs from the first quarter of the 19th century (circa 1800 - 1825).
- Provincial or vernacular Gustavian era side chairs
- Slat back or ribbed chair back with 8 slats / ribs, joined and pegged construction
- Tapered legs (similarly seen in Scottish chairs) with decorative linear additions supported by leg stretchers / cross bar
- Pine framed, solid seat, grey-green later painted but with attractive wear
- In solid antique condition in an attractive neutral colour with, decorative highlights lovely worn patina, age-related marks from a provincial maker
A beautiful highly decorative pair of antique Swedish side chairs from a rural carpenter ready for a new home after 200+ years.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees. If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.