For sale is a characterful Swedish grain pained pine stool from the late 19th Century.
- Marked 1898, 14th / 3rd to the base in pencil with a faded name, as many Swedish items often are signed/marked
- Medium sized low stool constructed of five boards
- Central rectangular cut hole to aid lifting / moving
- Curved decorative arch in each two-leg panel in a very similar manner to Scottish vernacular 'Creepie' stools
- Original stain and grain painted effects to the external surfaces
- In solid antique condition with lovely wear and patina to the painted surfaces
These stools were of great utility in rural homes for seating by the fire, as a candle stand, small table or workbench. Ready for another 130 years in a new home as a highly decorative original painted stool.
*The last image is for scale and context only and shows the stool with a stoneware whisky flagon and vernacular side chair (these are not included in this listing). Please contact W&W Antiques for combined shipping on multiple antique items.
Please fill in the information below