For sale is an attractive, geometric pattern, vintage cushion, hand woven in Sweden in original condition.
- The woven green cushion has a beautiful geometric design pattern from Skåne a region in Southern Sweden.
- It is in a lovely, impactful design of green, red, grey/blue and cream yellow.
- Acorn motifs are included within this textile as part of the overall design alongside floral tulip heads to the corners.
- The edge of the textile/cushion has a continuous short fabric fringe repeating the colours used in the cushion to prevent wear to the edge, common to these cushions in a traditional Scandinavian folk style.
- The woven material is wool on a cotton/linen backing.
- The Skåne region, near Malmo, Sweden has a strong folk tradition of woven textiles influenced both from migrant Flemish weavers from the low countries and Persian Kilim style rugs from the middle-east.
This is a lovely, characterful Scandinavian textile likely made in the decade before WW2 and at 80-90 years of age is in good condition. It is in original condition and so does show signs of age-related wear as shown by the images.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below