For sale is a wonderful decorative original paint large writing slope / skrivpulpet with red and white rosmålning decoration from 1797.
- The charming writing slope with beautiful original light blue paint from Sweden.
- The lid and front panel have wonderful red and white rosmålning. The lid has a wreath of floral decoration framing initials G.G.S, 1797 as a date mark. The front panel frieze is a lovely linear white floral decoration across the width of the box below the lock escutcheon. The side and rear panel are painted blue .
- The worn bevelled dark brown painted edges frame the panels for the writing box.
- The box in original condition has had historic worm as clearly shown in the comprehensive images but remains solid for its antique age.
- The writing slope is hinged with handmade ironwork and lock escutcheon (no key).
- The farmers in the 18th and 19th Century in Northern Sweden were wealthy from selling wood and flax. They expressed their wealth in large farmhouses with beautifully decorated interiors, painted furniture and skilfully decorated bridal/dowry gifts.
A simple, skilful and charming Swedish folk art writing slope in original paint at circa 220+ years of age. A fantastic decorative item with original paint, great skilful rosmålning decoration from the late 18th Century.
*Ref: Scandianvian painted decor (1990) J. Innes.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees. If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below