For sale is a beautiful small wooden sliding-lid box or 'Timplåda' from the late Gustavian period at over 215 years of age.
- The timplåda has tasteful rosmålning decoration to five surfaces of the box in original paint as shown in the images.
- These hand-painted floral decoration are of white roses or flowers applied in strong brushwork.
- The floral decoration is painted over a base paint/stain applied to the original pine construction of the storage box.
- The sliding lid has a small cut out handle, the lid is bevelled to its edge and is recessed into a three sided groove around the box edge.
- The box is marked to the unpainted base IB or 18, 1806 as shown.
- The box has age-related wear due to use and time.
- These boxes were used as storage with sliding lid “timplåda”, meaning drawer/box (låda) used for bits and pieces or for storing candles.
- The attractive antique box is rectangular with a sliding lid of softwood likely pine. The bottom surface is attached from below with wooden dowels to secure the baseboard. The sides joined by slotting together with dove-tail cuts in profile.
The attractive folk art painted box is in great condition given its utility and service from over 215 years of age. A lovely and charismatic antique item of Swedish rural folk art from the Gustavian period.
Free delivery in the mainland UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below