For sale from W&W Antiques is unique large Scottish 'Lairds furniture' oak and inlay carved cupboard with hunting motifs from the 18th Century.
- Scottish 'Laird furniture' in a Gothic-revival design used as a Georgian Silver cabinet with hunting/militaria carved themes / motif.
- Scottish, local or country made likely from Highland Perthshire with excellent carving including diamond checker marquetry inlay from local wood sources such as Laburnum and Larch.
- Profusely carved motifs of considerable quality: the pediment carved with stylised boars, fish, and a central cluster of grapes, above a roundel with a bird in a flowering tree, over a pair of triple panel doors carved with lozenges, foliate scrolls, and flower motifs within a diamond border, flanked by spiral columns headed by carved lions' masks and marked with blocks carved with birds and thistles, the interior late fitted as a silver store
- The interior being green baize/felt lined as a silver cabinet or for storage of militaria (with brass campaign style handles to the internal draws which have divider segmentation)
- The tradition of making furniture from Laburnum Cytisus Alpinus in Scotland enjoyed a peak of activity between 1775 and 1830 .
- Scottish with distinctive imposing turned / twist columns flanking the cabinet
- Working original lock and key
- A wonderful rich dark patina attributed to “Lairds Furniture” as collected by Blair Castle / Duke of Atholl during the 19th and early 20th Century.
A rare and high quality storage cabinet ready for a new castle, hunting lodge or home.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees. If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below