For sale is a beautifully simple Scottish brander back armchair from the first half of the 19th Century c.1825-1850.
- Softwood / Birch, dark stained to simulate mahogany with a darker seat
- Attractive and decorative reeded brander back, leading to lovely flattened and curved arms, terminating in well built S-shaped ogee-shaped stump supports
The left hand arm has had a well executed repair at some point in its life at the upright to the back
- The seat is softwood and dyked into the frame with an attractive and neat approach to the corner of each front leg
- The front legs are tapered in the Scottish manner to their inner and rear surfaces
- The front and rear stretchers are raised in contrast to the side stretchers
- The chair has lovely wear and patina throughout the contact points from its circa 180 years and remains very robust a perfectly ready for further service
Ready for further decorative utility in a new home, it is a lovely armchair with subtle but attractive proportion and design.
ree delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees. If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below