For sale are a pair of large Scottish vernacular creepies circa 1875-1900.
- A pair of large over-sized creepies (or boarded stools) constructed of five boards in a robust manner
- Central three finger cut hole(s) to aid lifting / moving (three overlapping circles)
- Curved semi-circular / decorative arch in each of the two-leg panels (per stool) one characteristic of Scottish vernacular 'Creepie' stools
- Original dark stain and varnish to the external surfaces of softwood / pine boards
- Decorative reeded / plane cut lines to the seat surface along the long edge of each stool. Both are in a rich and dark colour
- Age-related wear and marks but nothing that affects their solid utility
These Scottish vernacular stools were of great utility in rural homes for seating by the fire, as a candle stand, small table or workbench. These are particularly practical as a pair (with the same decorative features and design) although one is slightly shorter than the other. They also make great chair-side companions of great utility.
Available for a new home for another 130+ years of decorative utility
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees. If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below