For sale is a small Scottish vernacular creepie candle stand circa 1850-1900.
- The small creepie / candle stand (or boarded stool) is constructed of five boards
- Curved semi-circular / decorative arch in each of the two-leg panels one characteristic of Scottish vernacular 'Creepie' stools
- Original dark stain to the external surfaces of Elm / Oak
- Signed with painted initials D.M.C. to the base in a Victorian / 19th Century font
- Age-related wear, ring mark etc but nothing that affects the decorative utility of the item
These Scottish vernacular creepies / stools were of great utility in rural homes for seating by the fire, as a candle stand, small table or workbench. This one is small and most practical as a candle stand.
Available for a new home for another 140+ years of decorative utility
* The last image is for scale and context and shows the two large stools together at the base of a tower of creepies. The chair, three peat spades and two other smaller creepies are not part of this listing. Please contact W&W Antiques for combined shipping on multiple items.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees. If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below