For sale is a beautiful large oval Scottish Arts & Crafts wall or over-mantle mirror.
- A good decorative size of brass with repoussé decoration with bevelled glass typical of the Scottish style of this period.
- This mirror has a distinct Scottish / Celtic / Iona knotwork style, in oval-form with metal-worked brass, with the Celtic knotwork motif flanking the bevelled inset mirror surrounded by interlaced lines to the top and bottom of the frame.
- These mirrors are versatile often hung horizontally as well as vertically, this one has loops for hanging in the vertical but can also be hung the other way.
- The bevelled glass is in good condition for its age, with a couple of spots shown in the photographs.
- The rear is in solid condition with original latch type hoops and a small section of chain.
A lovely decorative antique from the Scottish Arts & Crafts Movement at circa 120 years of age and still providing great utility.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees. If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below