For sale is an attractive French 19th Century crucifix from circa 1850-1880.
- Simple, clean design in the form of an ebonised bobbin turned crucifix with white caps to the cross.
- The ecclesiastical piece in a classical turned form provides a striking and tactile effect on a broad base and is large for an altar stand at 40 cm or c.16 inches.
- Wear and patination to the ebonised surface provide a great aesthetic movement / Napolean III / Victorian period design.
- Stands on a flat and stable base, and is nicely balanced/weighted.
- An attractive and decorative item for use as a religious crucifix for worship or an elegant item to hang beads or watches from.
*Mirror back Victorian ebonised shelf is not included in this listing, purely for scale and presentation.
Free delivery in the UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.