For sale is a an elegant ebonised and gilt french overmantle mirror with cornice from circa 1890 to the early 20th Century.
- The large mirror has a lovely bevelled glass plate with a small amount of attractive foxing throughout.
- The ebonised frame to the mirror has an inner mount overpainted in gold.
- The outer decoration is a highly effective and unusual imitation ropework pattern, made of paper transferred to the frame.
- The rear of the mirror has two rings and cord for mounting as shown in the photograph.
- The back of the mirror is original and in good condition and does not look to have been altered.
The mirror is an attractive size, shape and combination of striking ebonised paint, gold and decoration allied to some lovely foxing for a mirror of circa 120 + years of age. It is in good condition for the age of the antique item and is highly decorative and ready to be hung.
Free delivery in the UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Visit is also at our website: www.wandwantiques.com
Follow us at: #wandw_antiques
Please fill in the information below