For sale is an elegantly proportioned Swedish 'Folk Art' wall cabinet from the second half of the 19th Century c.1868.
- With a wide elegant cornice / pediment to the casework and two predominant painted colours to the wall cabinet casing and the door / pediment.
- The main colour is a faded blue-grey contrasting with a warm earthy red used to contrast and highlight the door, cornice and footing.
- The door is paint marked for 1868 but the paint is later from some stage in its lifespan.
- Internally a central shelf has some older wallpaper backing above it, the pine used and construction is thick and solid and the cabinet has stood the test of time due to its robust construction.
- Large metal hanging loop, solid rustic/naive construction throughout, The door has a knob to the front and a side one to pull to release a crude clasp which has been added in recent years to retain the door.
- Marks and damage age-related, some later painting in its lifetime to the pediment and footing.
An attractive decorative design in simple painted colour scheme of elegant proportion and of robust construction. Ready to hang from the second half of the 19th century construction.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below