For sale is a wonderfully decorative wooden cheese-form of pine with 180 years of beautiful patina and patternation from use.
- The form or cheese mold is marked COS with a burnt owners mark.
- It is marked 1844 along the edge as shown in the photographs at it is from the South of Sweden.
- The main surface with drain holes for the cheese-making is of geometric carved decoration in a symmetrical pattern.
- The construction of the form is sectional with wooden pegs holding the sides into an interlocking form.
- The wood throughout is imprinted with a fine used patina from the cheese making process and repeated wetting and drying.
- *The last 6 photographs show this cheese form and the larger/older cheese from from W&W Antiques for size/scale and comparison. This listing is only for the 19th Century one from 1844.
A beautiful and unique decorative item, for storage or display as an item of folk art treen from Sweden at over 180 years of age. Contact us if you are interested in both cheese forms, which can be used as decorative objects or stacking/storage spaces.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below