For sale is a large, very attractive oil painting from the late 19th Century Flemish School.
- Listed Flemish artist and oil painter, Romain Van Den Brugge from the late 19th Century.
- Black ebonised wide frame and gold, inset decoration, some damage marks to the edge of the ebonised frame and inset decoration as shown in the photpgraphs. The oil painting is in good used condition and looks to have been in this lovely frame either originally or from very early in its life.
- There is a small ticket pasted to the back indicating that the frame had been damaged prior to removal from a location in Great Crosby on the Wirral at some point in its life from a firm of solicitors (Armstrongs). There is a second label there in very faded condition but i cannot read anything from it.
- The back has a strong brass loop chain across it for hanging.
- I have also included some photos of other oil paintings by the flemish painter Romain Van den Brugge (the last 3 photographs) that i could find researching his background, which are of ecclesiastical church settings and one other in a very similar setting to this one in an urban street scene(these are not part of this sale, just for reference and to highlight the skill and quality of his brushwork).
Free delivery in the UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below