For sale is a delightful and beautifully crafted wooden mahogany footstool in an exquisitely carved and elaborate Gothic relief.
#wandw_antiques absolutely love the quality of the gothic relief carving to this footstool and the rich aged colour and patination of the mahogany from circa 150 years of use.
- Gothic geometric repeat pattern to the top of the footstool.
- Possibly of ecclesiastical use due to the quality of the item and carving.
- Two strong and robustly constructed sets of one-piece legs braced with two side stretchers the length of the footstool, held in place with period brass screws.
- Even the legs to the footstool are decorated with relief carving on both the outsides and insides in a repeat leaf pattern scaled across all four surfaces.
- The stretchers act as a lovely carry handle when moving the stool and the weight and balance of the stool sit nicely in the hand.
All in all a usable and beautiful period antique of great craftsmanship.
Please consider the photographs and description as a great record of the condition of this antique item.
Free delivery in the UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.