For sale is an elegant coopered oak barrel with brass hoop banding from circa 1860-1880.
- The tall coopered hallway walking stick stand has six brass bound hoops, clasped with copper punch rivets to secure the banding.
- Oak sectioned barrel with chip carved finishing.
- Two Lions Mask handles with brass loops.
- The stand has a great patina and its tall and gently curved shape is an attractive form for a hallway, porch or entrance to a home or hotel.
- The stand is a robust construction and wears its 100+ years of age well.
* The thumb stick is not included in the sale, just to show context.
A charming and elegant country house item from the late 19th Century.
Free delivery in the UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.