For sale is a very decorative, thoughtful posed gentleman MP in a gilt frame.
- Large high quality period portrait in gilt frame. Oil painting on canvas, inside the wooden frame, hanging period loops to the rear of the picture.
- Unsigned but research and references identify the following:
- A period canvas supplier label attached to the picture shown in the photograph below is part present, indicating:
- Supplied from - Charles Roberson & Co, 154 Piccadilly, London, W. Roberson labels for 154 Piccadilly address relate only to being located at that premises and produced from 1889-1906, as referenced from the National Portrait Gallery reference info by Jacob Simon in 2017.
- The handwritten part to the label indicates: The Honourable.... Mrs John D... , 46 Eaton Square. Mrs John Dundas held an account at Roberson & Co from the address of 46 Eaton Square from 1891 - 1911.
- This is attributed as a portrait of a sitting MP in the late 19th Century Mr John Charles Dundas a liberal politician and MP. Dundas was returned to Parliament for Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1873 (succeeding his elder brother), a seat he held until 1885. He was also Lord Lieutenant of Orkney and Shetland between 1872 and 1892.
Free delivery in the UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
Please fill in the information below