W & W Antiques
Web site: https://www.wandwantiques.com/
For sale is a large skillfully crafted Arts & Crafts Movement copper and brass serving tray from circa 1907-1925.
- The beautiful handcrafted and hand beaten art metalwork tray is ovoid in shape and decorated with a central vine motif of interlocking stylised leaves and grapes.
- The edge is rope twisted as a continuous band around the perimeter of the upturned tray which has been hand beaten to raise the copper.
- The tray sits on four copper roundel raised feet for a solid base.
- The serving tray is guided by two stylish raised curved brass handles that curve outward and are elaborately punch riveted to the tray with two decorative rivets for each attachment, which then shows as decoration to the tray surface.
- Punch stamped with the monogram HW as shown in the photographs for Hugh Wallis to the edge of the tray surface.
- Hugh Wallis was based from Altrincham, near Manchester in the North-West of England, an artist and art metal worker of much renown from the Arts & Crafts Movement in England.
This is an Arts & Crafts Movement hand crafted tray with great solid design, both simple, usable and beautiful.
Free delivery in the UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.