W & W Antiques
Web site: https://www.wandwantiques.com/
For sale is a skilfully crafted Arts & Crafts Movement copper and pewter inlay dish from circa 1907-1920.
- The beautiful handcrafted and hand beaten art metalwork dish is decorated with pewter leaves and berries.
- The edge has a repeat pattern punched over a rolled lip.
- The dish is punch stamped with the monogram HW as shown in the photographs for Hugh Wallis to the base of the dish.
- Hugh Wallis was based from Altrincham, near Manchester in the North-West of England, an artist and art metal worker of much renown from the Arts & Crafts Movement in England.
- This dish showcases the technique he described as 'oxidised/oxydised' copper and pewter inlay as an art metalwork process. This method used skilfully by Hugh Wallis is described in the book about his life and work by Margaret Thompson (on page 44). It involved inlaying pewter as decoration to the base copper plate.
This is an Arts & Crafts Movement hand crafted dish with clean design, simple, usable and beautiful.
Free delivery in the mainland UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.