W & W Antiques
Web site: https://www.wandwantiques.com/
For sale from W&W Antiques is this beautiful tri-handled jardinière from the Ault pottery c.1890-1900.
- The three handles are elegantly designed as raised swans in the relief form of displaying swans with open wings. The neck and head of each swan forming the handles.
- Beautiful bold aesthetic with striking and bold blue, yellow/orange and rust brown drip glaze blurring together from the inside blue to the rust-brown base.
- Raised moulded mark for the Ault pottery, England to the base as shown in the images.
- The jardinière is in good condition with no chips or cracks, just strong colours throughout.
- The jardinière has some minor surface wear to the glaze in parts through age and use, rough indentations to the base as shown by the images where it was lifted (post firing) from the kiln.
William Ault set up his pottery in Swadlingcote, Staffordshire, in 1887 when he left Bretby at the age of forty-six. Ault was best known for his inventive use of coloured glazes. Christopher Dresser designed for him in the 1890s. Dresser teamed with Ault in 1892 and contributed designs to Ault until 1896. New Dresser designs continued to be manufactured by Ault until 1909, five years after Dresser's death.
Free delivery in the mainland UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees. If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.